IUL Protect is a universal life insurance policy with an indexed option, designed for your clients who are looking for an affordable permanent death benefit and value flexibility in their policy.
What's your IUL priority?
Watch this video to learn the difference between true Indexed Universal Life products and high-exposure IULs.
This is exciting stuff!
Watch this video to uncover how IUL Protect gives clients clarity, with simple, guaranteed protection and straightforward performance.
Optional riders at an additional charge:1
Optional rider available at no additional charge:1
Riders automatically included at no additional charge:1
Documents to view or email to clients
- IUL Protect 160 Client Brochure
- IUL Protect 160 Fact Card
- IUL Protect ROPR Sales Idea
- Life Insurance Needs Analysis Worksheet
- Extra Interest Credit Client Brochure
- Life Insurance as an Asset client brochure
- Getting More from Your Pension. Getting More from Life
- Enhancing Benefits with Pension Maximization
Why choose IUL Protect
You won’t find any surprises with IUL Protect, because it’s a true IUL, offering clarity with simple guarantees and comprehensive protection.
These days, carriers have made changes to the underlying designs of IULs, taking two different approaches:
- True IULs, protection- and accumulation-focused, that are designed to meet the fundamental client need of long-term security and stability, with cost-effective, stable premiums; and
- High-exposure IULs, that may have surprises, like hidden costs. These IULs are designed for clients who want lower premiums today with more long-term risk.
IUL Protect is a true IUL with no surprises. It offers protection for today and tomorrow, and focuses on those who want long-term stability and policy protection above all else, regardless of market conditions. IUL Protect provides clarity with simple, guaranteed protection and straightforward performance, for your clients and their family.
- Our simple “no-math” no-lapse guarantee to age 90, or for 40 years if this policy is purchased before age 50, means no guesswork or calculations, just a simple number your clients can rely on.2
- Our Long-Term Care Servicessm Rider offers guaranteed protection plus flexibility for your clients and their family, as long as they pay the required guarantee premiums.2,3
- Stress-tested to provide lifetime value and protection if the market underperforms.
- Our Extra Interest Credit delivers direct cash value to your clients, on top of their index return, which is designed to increase as interest rates rise.
- When the Guaranteed Interest Account is greater than 3.5%, your clients get credited the difference on top of their index return.
- Even in a market with no index-based growth, the Extra Interest Credit still offers opportunity for interest-based growth.
- Simple, reliable caps are designed for long-term stability, with less likelihood of a decrease in caps in a low interest rate environment.
- We believe in clarity in how caps are set and maintained. When interest rates fall, providers tend to reduce caps to reflect their lower rates of return.
- But for more stable caps, we fund our caps with a consistent 3.5% from the Guaranteed Interest Account, so you and your clients better know what to expect.
For your business owner clients, IUL Protect can:
- Help safeguard a business owner and the family’s stake
- Offset the impact of losing a key employee
- Enhance executive benefits or retirement plans
- Build up a reserve for unanticipated expenses or needs
- Fund a buy-sell agreement to help ensure fair-market value for the owner’s family
With IUL Protect, your clients can choose how their premium payments are allocated, which can ultimately affect their policy’s cash value. The indexed option is designed for those who are looking for protection from loss, yet would still like some potential for growth. Choose the Guaranteed Interest Account, the Select Account, or a combination of both. Your clients can change their allocation at any time.
The Guaranteed Interest Account
Any premiums allocated to the Guaranteed Interest Account will earn the current interest rate, which is set by Equitable and guaranteed to never be less than 2.5 percent.
The Select Account
If your clients want a bit more upside potential, the Select Account may be a good choice. This index-linked option gives them the potential for cash value growth based on the performance of the S&P 500® Index. They can realize 100 percent of any positive returns, up to a performance cap; and they’re protected against 100 percent of any negative returns with the 0 percent floor. We reserve the right to change the cap and participation rates for new Segments, but these rates will never be less than the minimums stated in the policy.
- Earners with families, ages 45-75, seeking death benefit protection with cash accumulation potential.
- Those interested in single, short, or level pay funding structures.
- Business owners
- Those age 65+ with large estates
1 All riders are subject to the terms and conditions of the rider. All riders may not be available in all jurisdictions. Some states may vary the terms and conditions. There may be an additional charge associated with obtaining certain riders. Some riders may not be available in combination with other riders and/or policy features.
2 Coverage is guaranteed to age 90 of the insured, or for 40 years if the policy is purchased when the insured is under age 50, as long as certain premium payments are maintained. Note: the policy may lapse due to an excessive loan balance. Refer to the policy and all riders for full details.
3 The Long-Term Care Servicessm Rider has an additional cost and is subject to restrictions and limitations. A client may qualify for life insurance but not for the Long-Term Care Servicessm Rider.
4 This is the hypothetical performance of the S&P 500® Index, which does not include dividends.
5 This is the performance of the Select Account, based on the performance of the S&P 500® shown.
6 Based on Guaranteed Interest Account rate of 4.5%.
Under current federal tax rules, client generally may take federal income-tax-free withdrawals up to the basis (total premiums paid less partial withdrawals) in the policy or loans from a life insurance policy that is not a Modified Endowment Contract (MEC). Certain exceptions may apply for partial withdrawals during the policy’s first 15 years. If the policy is an MEC, all distributions (withdrawals or loans) are taxed as ordinary income to the extent of gain in the policy, and may also be subject to an additional 10% premature distribution penalty prior to age 59½, unless certain exceptions are applicable. Loans and partial withdrawals will decrease the death benefits and cash value of the life insurance policy and may be subject to policy limitations and income tax. In addition, loans and partial withdrawals may cause certain policy benefits or riders to become unavailable and may increase the chance the policy may lapse. If the policy lapses, is surrendered or becomes an MEC, the loan balance at such time would generally be view as distributed and taxable under the general rules for distribution of policy cash values.
Please be advised this webpage is not intended as legal or tax advice. Accordingly, any tax information provided in this guide for producers is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, by any taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding penalties that may be imposed on the taxpayer. The tax information was written to support the promotion or marketing of the transaction(s) or matter(s) addressed, and clients should seek advice based on their particular circumstances from an independent tax advisor.
IUL Protect is issued in New York and Puerto Rico by AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company (AXA Equitable), New York, NY, and in all other jurisdictions by affiliate MONY Life Insurance Company of America (MLOA), an Arizona Stock Corporation, main administrative offices in Jersey City, NJ. IUL Protect is co-distributed by AXA Network, LLC; (AXA Network Insurance Agency of California in CA; AXA Network Insurance Agency of Utah in UT; AXA Network of Puerto Rico, Inc. in PR); and AXA Distributors, LLC. When sold by New York state-based (i.e., domiciled) financial professionals, IUL Protect is issued by AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company.
Policy form ICC17-100, 17-100, or state variation.